Monday, December 6, 2010

DREAMS

Since I love cross stitching so much, I think it is worth featuring here the one that started it all. So for today, I will be posting about my favorite needlecraft store: DREAMS Yarnshoppe. Please don't get me wrong, I was not being paid by the owner/store to feature them, I am just a happy customer who appreciate their very good service.

Way back in 1998 or 1999, I didn't know anything about cross stitch. Although an officemate of mine was raving about her favorite hobby at that time, I just shrugged it off. Then one day as I was walking around Glorietta Mall, I saw a display of a very beautiful finished cross stitch, Memory Lane (which I will post about hopefully soon), in Dreams Yarnshoppe (their location before is being occupied now by Havaianas store). So off I went inside the store to inquire about Memory Lane, but when I saw the pattern, I thought that it's very hard to do, so I just purchased the kit of this, which thankfully I was able to finish:


Although I didn't buy the pattern of Memory Lane, I kept going back to the store just to look at it and eventually bought the chart. But aside from that, I started buying from them other patterns, cross stitch books and materials that it finally became an addiction.

But busy work schedules got in the way so I stopped doing the hobby, until this year when I rediscovered it again. Anyway, so much for the blabbing. Here are some photos of the store that the very nice owner, Ate Lilli, allowed me to take:


Inside the store:


Some imported items:


Finished cross stitches that are for sale:

Baldemor's Good Harvest


Secret Garden I, II & III stitched together

Baldemor's Fruits of Labor - upon seeing this, I wanted to stop doing my current project and start this one. The colors are so alive and pretty!


Waterfalls


Projects done by Ate Lilli and/or some of her students:

Hardanger


Totsuka - if I remember correctly, this was done by one of her Japanese students


I'm sorry I cannot remember what they call this

Bargello


Whenever I visit the store, all I want to do is just stay there and look at all the needlecraft materials that they are selling, it's heavenly! By the way, Ate Lilli is offering needlecraft lessons such as: cross stitch, hardanger, tatting, knitting, crochet, specialty stitches, totsuka and more for a one time fee of P800. They also accept finishing and stitching services as well as framing. If you want further information, you can call them at 856-0741 or you can visit their store at the 3rd floor of Glorietta 5 Ayala Center, Makati City, Philippines.

That's all for now. Will try to write more soon! Thanks for reading :-)

9 comments:

my life's journey in a stitcher's retreat said...

Toni how much is the Baldemor kits at Dreams?

Toni said...

Nina, I didn't see if they have Baldemor kits, but I saw some DMC patterns kitted-up by them.

Kim said...

I came to your blog from the butterflies post on the cross stitch forum, where you mention this store.

It's wonderful! I can see why you like it so much, I'd just want to browse and browse! So much to look at.
:)

Toni said...

Thanks Lostinblue for leaving a comment. I really love staying in that store! It's a cross stitch haven for me :-)

Bobbie said...

Oh what a dream store. All of our xs-stores have disappeared. If I lived near this store, I'd be in there visiting more than I'd be stitching!
Lovely store and thanks so much for taking time to share this store with us.
I can see why you love to visit often. LOL
Bobbie :)

Raine said...

I followed this link from your latest post, I'm wondering do they also have something for beading too?

Unknown said...

Is this shop still there? If not, do you know of other shops I can find patterns in as well? :)

Toni said...

Hi Mansh!

Yes, Dreams is still open. There are plenty of patterns you can choose from in their shop.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

bx_35 said...

I already did Waterfalls and currently working on another design. I might start Baldermor's Fruits of Labor by next week, hopefully I'll finish it soon.

By chance, do you have list of how many skeins of DMC you've used on Baldemor's Fruits of Labor?

Thank you.