Last Saturday, I had colds so I stayed home the whole day being good by finishing all the backstitches on Morning Lake. Isn't it funny that I had to be sick just to finished it? :-D
Here it is being dried:
Now, all it needs is some ironing and then framing:
And I also have some progress on Tropical Fruits, not much, but still progress as they say :-D
|As of April 4, 2011|
And this week's:
|As of April 11, 2011|
Also last week, I did post this photo of my doily project which was unwashed and unblocked:
Last Sunday, I washed it and blocked. Kim asked what blocking is all about. You can find here the explanation. But in short, it is the method of “molding” or "stretching" your finished work into the shape that you desire.
I used this styrofoam as my blocking board where I cut my needle organizers from:
Here's the doily being blocked while still wet after washing:
I thought blocking is as easy as 1-2-3. But it is not. I think I've spent more than 30 minutes trying to get the perfect shape and yet, to my eyes, it is still not what I wanted. I counted all the pins I used, it's 96 pieces!
Here it is now on the table and you can now see it's true shape unlike when it was not blocked yet:
|With lights on|
My mother put the candles as decoration. Maybe I will try to look for candles with contrasting colors.
Thanks for reading this week's update. Take care everyone!