Work has been stressful as always and although I'm busy all the time, I can assure you that I make sure to find time to do some knitting or crocheting. And oh how I miss cross-stitching big time!
Anyway, yesterday while doing some housework, I was thinking of posting something here. So first, I dig my hobby box, that's what I call the box that I got from Crabtree and Evelyn set (will try to take a photo sometime soon) and saw a forgotten doily that I finished last year. More to that on my next post, hopefully soon. And then after doing the house chores, I logged in to my blog account and to my surprise, there's a comment from Rose of Christmas City Stitcher blog, a friend whom I met at the Cross Stitch Forum of About.Com, telling me that she awarded me the Liebster Blog Award.
Thank you so much my friend for choosing me to pass the award to. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness. This is her explanation of the award:
"In case you didn' know (I didn't lol) Liebster, which means 'favorite' in German, it is a way for bloggers to help each other out by spreading the word about their blogs." (Copied from Rose's blog)
Upon further search in the net, beloved, dearest, and sweetheart are also translations of the word liebster.
And to quote Rose, these are the rules of the award:
"As part of the Liebster tradition it is passed along to 5 bloggers that have motivated and inspired you. To accept the award you must -
1. Link back to the person who gave it to you and thank them.
2. Post the award to your blog.
3. Give the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you appreciate and value.
4. Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have been offered this award.
5. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you. "
Okay, so Rule No. 1 is done. Rule No. 2 also done. Now, onto Rule No. 3 - this one is very hard as all the blogs that I follow are all favorites. Will do my best to choose but I assure you, am finding it the hardest. So, it is my honor to pass the Liebster Blog Award to these 5 bloggers:
1. Kim of Wired To My World blog. She's been with me since the beginning of my blogging and even though both of us are so busy, she never forgets to email me, lending me moral support in this crazy, busy world we live in.
2. Linda of Linda Crochets blog. Oh, how I drool over her doilies, they are all wonderful!!!
3. Knitted Lace. I recently discovered this blog while searching for knitted lace patterns. Lately, I'm very into knitted lace shawls and her finished pieces inspire me on pursuing to learn more about the craft.
4. Donna of Donna's Crafty Cross Stitch Blog. Another fellow cross stitcher who's been with me since the beginning of my blogging. I enjoy following her morning projects.
5. Susan of The Florida Crochet Garden. Her blog photos are all interesting, featuring not only our craft but other interests, places, etc.
If I have my way, I will pass all the awards that's been given to me to all of you my friends :-)
Rule No. 4 - to follow.
Rules No. 5 - Five random facts about me. Actually, there are plenty but I will stick to the rule :-D
1. I love collecting things, in fact, almost everything, LOL! First that comes to mind are makeup, candles, pouches, cute ballpens and notebooks. No need to mention yarns, threads, cross stitch patterns and kits since everyone knows I'm addicted to these things.
2. I prefer writing notebooks over tablets or Ipads. At the office, I call my notebook Ipad, short for "ink pad" as my boss said it.
3. I watched the Bourne movie series several times and never get tired watching over and over again.
4. I cannot wear lipstick without using lipliner first.
Again, thank you Rose for the award. And thank you to everyone who always find time to check and read my blog.