Monday, February 7, 2011

My Prayer and My Friend's Cross Stitches

Although I have set a stitching goal of finishing up my WIPs and UFOs this year, I wasn't a good girl and started the "My Prayer" kit that I bought along the DMC threads and Teresa Wentzler patterns.  Why is it that most stitchers have STARTITIS in their system? :D

Anyhow, here's my progress:

All the cross stitches are finished, just the lattice work and words to be done.  It should have been finished last night, but I watched Fringe and I cannot concentrate watching the TV while stitching so I choose the TV.  If it's not Fringe, it wouldn't be a problem, but I love that TV series so much that I can let my stitching wait.

On another note, recently I met a stitcher friend, Bobbie, through the cross stitch forum at about.com.  She's very thoughtful, friendly and an excellent cross stitcher.  We exchange emails everyday and she shown me wonderful photos of her projects.  I even suggested that she create a blog but she is very busy, they are breeding english bulldogs and sell the puppies, and maintaining a blog won't be easy on her schedule.  By the way, here is their website, http://bjsenglishbulldogs.com/, where you can see all those adorable, cute puppies.

Anyway, since we cross stitchers love seeing photos, I will share some of her's here.  She will be doing this HAED (Heaven and Earth Designs) pattern:

Lady In A Garden
And here are the threads that she bought for this project:

Oh, I love looking at piles and piles of threads!  And the framed "I Love Cross Stitch" is so cute, isn't it?

Whenever possible, I will post more photos from her whenever I update my blog.

That's all for now friends!  Have a nice week ahead and happy stitching everyone :-)

5 comments:

Bobbie said...

Hi Toni,
Your Prayer is just stunning. You made wonderful progress on it. I look forward to seeing your next update on it. As always, your stitches are excellent!!
Thanks for including a few pictures of mine. Very sweet of you!
Hugs - Bobbie :)

rosek1870 said...

Hi Toni,
I did that pattern a few years ago. I just love it! Your work looks lovely and I always love seeing Bobbie's pictures. I love your blog. See you around the forum.
Keep on Stitching - Rose

Kim said...

That's great progress Toni! So neat as well.
:)
I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

It's fun to see your friend Bobbie's WIP as well ... all those lovely threads!!!!
:D

2 SISTERS the Queen and TWO said...

what is it about having lots of patterns stashed away and a pile of thread that gives most stitchers a THRILL?
your work is lovely and Bobbie will jump into her project and be finished with it in no time! she does lovely work and seems to email ALL of us almost everyday. How does she do all of it?
linda

Lili said...

lovely progress!

your friend have a wonderful project, she need to create a blog ;)

hugs
lili