Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Prayer Finished!

I'm so happy "My Prayer" is now finished.  I tweaked the lattice work (those criss-cross stitches) by adding a blending filament to the thread.  It is supposed to be one strand light green floss only, but I wanted to test if I can tackle the blending filament easily and thankfully, I did.  I would like to keep this but I think it is meant for my friend who has a diabetic retinopathy.  I wanted to have it framed but she said not to.  Her reason is that, if eventually she becomes blind, she won't be able to see it anymore, and when that time comes, she wanted to be able to touch the piece, specially the letters, the Prayer.

Here's to show you the lattice work.  I am sorry I am not good in taking photos.

As I mentioned in my last post that I will be posting some of Bobbie's photos here, she sent me these, her Hummingbird-Flowers project.  This is one of my favorite designs from Kustom Krafts:


Her finished piece:
Isn't it beautiful?  Such an excellent job by her.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and also a big thank you to those who write comments on my posts.  They mean so much to me!

Hugs to you dear friends and readers.  Happy stitching!

6 comments:

Bobbie said...

Toni,
Congratulations on your Finish! Yeah!!!

Your Prayer is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you added the filament to the lattice work. It shows up beautifully. I like the sweet flowers for the boarder too! Your stitches look lovely. So nice and neat.

I'm sure Emily will just love this piece. I understand her reasoning for not wanting it framed. She can run her fingers over the letters and find comfort in the love you are giving her with this piece.

Hugs - Bobbie

Kim said...

Well done on the finish Toni, it looks amazing! I love adding sparkle to things, it just gives it that little extra something.

I was thinking, if you wanted it framed for your friend, but so she could still touch it, maybe you could just leave out the glass.
That was what I did with my husbands office sampler and I added some wadding behind the design, so it was slightly raised.
Just an idea. :)

Wonderful work by your friend, Bobbie, the hummingbird flowers are beautiful. Lovely work!

:)

Bec said...

Congrats on a finish!

It looks great. That is such a beautiful phrase.
I like Kim's suggestion of framing it without glass. I have seen alot of pieces framed that way. I think it is actually better to leave the glass out so the fabric can breathe or so I hear.

The hummingbird flowers are beautiful!
Well stitched Bobbie :)

Lili said...

Beautiful piece!

Nice work by your friend!

hugs

The Currys said...

Both pieces are really nice!

Angely Dobbs said...

Good job Toni! This is new for me... the lattice work. No worries about the chart, maybe I can find some soon. It really looks like a quilt.

I am appalled with your love to your friend and her attachment on your work. God is good.... prayers to her.

Happy Stitching!